Bask in the sun at a tropical island resort located in close proximity to the beach, with breakfast included
You save: $447.00
The Hotel: Fitzroy Island Resort
Fitzroy Island Resort opened in 2010 as the sole resort on the island and offers sun-seekers the chance to experience its vast national parkland, sparkling beaches and exotic marine life. The collection of suites, apartments, studios and cabins are finished in style, from the luxe marble and wood finishes to the crisp white linen and warm décor accents. Acres of manicured gardens give way to a sprawling pool, while a spa, cinema and kid’s games room provide even more opportunities for holiday fun.
Groupies are transferred from Cairns via a Fast Cat boat ride before bunking down in their resort studio. Spend each morning in the restaurant feasting on a cooked buffet breakfast before heading out and treating fish to a feeding. By night, visit Foxy’s Bar and Café on the beach for live entertainment on the weekends or pick up supplies at the General Store to grab a snack or two. Check-out at the later time of 12pm before catching the Fast Cat back to reality.
- Bed size/type: Queen or two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Two people
The Area: Fitzroy Island, QLD
Set in the midst of the Great Barrier Reef, Fitzroy Island at first seems like a mythical oasis with its abundance of natural beauty, from the rolling mountains that can be spotted from the mainland to the dense rainforest covering most of the sandy sanctuary. Just a 45-minute Fast Cat trip from Cairns, the island celebrates all that is special about far north Queensland including aquamarine beaches and friendly sea life like turtles, colourful coral and fish of all shapes and sizes. Whether it’s for an adventurous day trip or relaxing stay, Fitzroy Island allows visitors to get back to nature and celebrate untouched landscapes in a sunny setting.
Begin stays by celebrating the wonder that is the Great Barrier Reef. Grab a snorkel and set out to explore the coral formations, meeting friendly marine life along the way while savouring the calmness that comes with being in an underwater wonderland. Those who prefer to stay above the surface are not left out, with the choice to take a turn in a glass-bottomed boat or jump in a kayak. Or simply hang out on the white shores of the island with a good book, and dive into the water to cool off from the tropical heat.
Nature warriors are kept entertained with even more organic experiences. Hike one of five trails of varying difficulty around the island, scaling the sides of mountains to be rewarded with views out over distant islands. Learn about the flora and fauna of the area in the meantime, which can be enhanced further with a visit to the turtle rehabilitation centre.
Terms and Conditions
• Deal is valid for 2 people
• Combine vouchers to extend stay
• Check availability before purchase
• Travel insurance not included; customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover after booking
• Original value verified on: 22 Feb 2018
• Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
• Standard fine print which applies to all travel promotions
How to Redeem
Check Availability Make a Booking
• Can travel from: 23 Mar 2018
• Can travel to: 21 Dec 2018
• Purchase your voucher and book online via reservation.groupon.com.au
• If you received your voucher as a gift, sign in or register for a Groupon account then click on the ‘BOOK A GIFT’ button
• Select date of booking and enter details
• You’ll receive an email to confirm reservation details
• Present printed voucher on check-in