Explore the region with plenty of wildlife tours or stay entertained with two pools, spa, fitness centre, and tennis courts
You save: $206.00
The Hotel: Silverwater Resort
Perched high on the hills above the picturesque town of San Remo, Silverwater Resort offers sleek and contemporary accommodation at the gateway to Phillip Island. Whether guests are accompanied by their other half, friends or family, Silverwater provides a distinctly unique Victorian getaway.
Set on an impressive seven hectares, Silverwater Resort is a playground for kids and grown-ups alike. Make a splash in the expansive outdoor or indoor swimming pool or simply unwind in the spa. For those with extra energy to burn, the tennis, basketball and bocce courts are hard to look past. Kids will find it impossible to tear themselves away from the playground or jumping pillows. When hunger strikes, try out locally-sourced fresh produce overlooking the bay at Watermark Restaurant. No evening is complete without a coffee, beer or cocktail at the stylish Lounge Bar.
Feel like at home in chic, modern surrounds, courtesy of a lavishly-appointed Resort Room, or opt for a One-, Two- or Three-Bedroom Apartment boasting a fully-equipped kitchen and laundry facilities. All room have private balconies or patios where guests can rest after a day full of adventure and leisure.
- Bed type: Queen bed
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Two people
- This room features a private balcony or terrace, air-conditioning, and ironing facilities
- Bed type: Queen bed or two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Three people
- This apartment features a private balcony or terrace with BBQ, fully-equipped kitchen, ducted temperature control, and laundry facilities.
- Bed type: One king and one queen beds or one queen and single beds
- Standard occupancy: Four people
- Maximum occupancy: Five people
- This apartment features a private balcony or terrace with BBQ, fully-equipped kitchen, ducted temperature control, laundry facilities, and one bathroom
- Bed type: Six single beds or three king beds
- Standard occupancy: Six people
- Maximum occupancy: Seven people
- This apartment features a private balcony or terrace with BBQ, fully-equipped kitchen, ducted temperature control, laundry facilities, and two bathrooms with a spa bath
The Area: Phillip Island, VIC
A mere 90 minutes’ drive from Melbourne, Phillip Island has long been a popular tourist destination for Melbournians keen to escape the city to be at one with nature. Treasured for its varied collection of Australian wildlife, the island is home to kangaroos and wallabies, fur seals and Pacific Gulls. In spite of its diminutive stature, the little penguin stands out as the highlight of the region’s animal inhabitants, with a large population of the slate-blue seabirds making their nests in dune burrows along the sandy beach.
The best way to see the small birds is via the Penguin Parade at Summerland beach, where scores of penguins journey across the sand to their nests each and every day at sunset. Next head over to the Koala Conservation Centre to meet even more cuddly creatures. Take a stroll down the Woodland Boardwalk and talk to rangers about what they are doing to protect the sleepy marsupials.
There’s no better vantage to view the coastal scenery than during a walk, and plenty is available nearby for travellers to choose their level of difficulty. Head to Cape Woolamai to catch a glimpse of shearwater and muttonbird colonies then cap it off with a stroll along the pristine beach. After all that walking, bodies deserve a treat in the form of a visit to Phillip Island Chocolate Factory. See the world’s largest chocolate waterfall, robots and plenty of interactive displays and cap off the tour by taking home some sweets from the retail store.
17 Potters Hill Road
Terms and Conditions
• Deal is valid for 2 people (Resort Room and One-Bedroom Apartment), 4 people (Two-Bedroom Apartment) or 6 people (Three-Bedroom Apartment)
• Blackout dates:
-September 2019: 27th & 28th
-October 2019: 24th to 27th
• Surcharges apply on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
• Surcharges also apply per night on School Holidays, Local Weekends, Public Holidays & Melbourne Cup Weekend (2nd-5th November 2019).
– Resort Room: $55 AUD per night
-One-Bedroom Apartment: $65 AUD per night
-Two-Bedroom Apartment: $95 AUD per night
-Three-Bedroom Apartment: $110 AUD per night
• Minimum 3-nights stay applies during Melbourne Cup Weekend
• Cancellations are not permitted
• Date changes incur a $50 admin fee; subject to availability, minimum 48 hour-notice required
• Extra person charge: $35 per night (not valid for Resort Rooms)
• Not valid for arrivals on public holidays
• Limited availability during school holidays
• Offer is subject to availability; no last room available
• No daily service
• Surcharges and extras must be paid directly to the property at the time of booking and are non-refundable
• Must be 18 years or older to check in
• Travel insurance not included; customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover after booking
• Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
• Standard fine print which applies to all travel promotions
How to Redeem
• Can travel from: 01 Jul 2019
• Can travel to: 20 Dec 2019
• Must book by: 17 Nov 2019
• Must book online at silverwaterresort.com.au/rates by using promotional codes; no phone booking will be accepted
• Book online: http://www.silverwaterresort.com.au/rates
(1) Use promotional code found as your Groupon voucher code to make your booking online
(2) Click ‘Apply’ and continue the booking
• Present printed voucher on arrival
• Full name details are required (i.e. first name & surname) as well as your email address and contact information (the hotel will not accept bookings that are not complete)