Explore the wonders of the Outer Great Barrier Reef during this full-day tour with an introductory or certified dive session included
You save: $16.00
Leave the city behind and hop on the Evolution vessel to speed through the waves for an adventure-packed day. This full-day tour head for the Outer Great Barrier Reef, one of the world’s most renowned natural wonders.
Once there, participants can enjoy their certified or introductory dive session to snorkel up the marine game under a watching eye of the experienced instructors. Five hours of free time provides the fun lovers with plenty of time to explore the area on their own, while the gourmet buffet lunch with live music and a free glass of wine allows recharging the batteries.
- 7.30am: Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal – 1 Spence St, Cairns
- 8.15am: Evolution departs Cairns to its first location
- 11.30am: Enjoy a BBQ buffet lunch onboard
- 1.00pm: Evolution arrives at its second location
- 3.00pm: Evolution departs for Cairns
- 4.30pm: Evolution arrives back in Cairns
The Area: Cairns, QLD
Cairns is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city nestled between the sea life of the Great Barrier Reef and the rolling downs of the Atherton Tablelands. As the gateway to the wet tropics, the city buzzes with a lively mix of travellers, from backpackers to luxury-seekers keen to soak up the sun. As night falls, the wide streets come alive with bars, galleries and seafood restaurants enticing diners by the waterside.
Snorkel, dive or simply recline on a glass-bottomed boat to admire the breathtaking wonders of the Great Barrier Reef. Take a luxurious day trip to Port Douglas, an hour’s drive north, to dine on succulent seafood and shop in fashion boutiques. Walk among the towering ancient trees and lush greenery of the World Heritage Daintree rainforest, keeping an eye out for brilliantly-coloured butterflies and rare tropical birds; or marvel at enormous prehistoric reptiles in one of the region’s crocodile parks.
Closer to home, take a stroll down the Esplanade to find countless dining options and interesting shops. By night the same stretch comes alive with the Night Markets, where clothes, trinkets and Australian keepsakes are all up for grabs. Spend days simply soaking up the tropical sun on the beach, splashing about in the water when the heat gets too much.
287 Draper Street
Terms and Conditions
• Surcharges: $20 levy per person payable directly upon check in. Levies are per person and included environmental management charge $3.50, port charges $1.25, administration fee $5.25 and fuel levy $10
• Adult ticket is for customers aged 17 ys and above
• Child ticket valid for ages 4-16 (please note that the minimum age for diving is 12)
• Must make bookings 7 days prior to chosen cruise date
* Reef Fleet Terminal bus transfers available:
Cairns City Transfers = $17.00 per person
Northern Beaches Transfers = $24.00 per person
Transfer fees are payable on the day of travel
• What to bring: sunscreen, hat, spare clothes, cash or credit card for bar and souvenir purchases
• Weather statement: The operator reserves the right to cancel the tour, change vessel type or arrange an alternative carrier in the event of bad weather or mechanical problems. No refunds for voluntary uncompleted dives.
• Deal is subject to availability
• Travel insurance not included; customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover after booking
• Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
• Standard fine print which applies to all travel promotions